The Orange 5G Lab includes technologies that will be available in the commercial network in the future, but in the present can only be tested in a lab environment.
We are constantly developing the equipment, platforms and devices that you can access in the 5G Lab so that you will always be working on the newest technology.
- 5G Standalone Private Mobile Radio - the core component of the 5G infrastructure
- 5G New Radio - the radio component of the 5G infrastructure
- Open RAN and Open CORE components based on the separation of the software from the hardware, allowing the virtualization of the radio or core network and offer the capability to run the system on CoTS (Commercial-of-the-Shelf) equipment and on open interfaces
- Edge Computing plays a key role as a technology that allows to reduce the distance between users (applications) and services (data) and facilitates guaranteed latency and transmission throughput, as they are solicited by services and applications
The lab network architecture
Available equipment, devices and platforms
- IoT programmable modules - Capabilities WiFi 802.11b/b/n, Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE, cellular LTE-CAT M1/NB1 3GPP release 13 LTE Advanced Pro, LoRa Class A and C devices, Sigfox Semtech SX1272 – Long Range, Low Power RF Transceiver 860-1000MHz with LoRa® Technology and sensors for ambient light, 3-axes accelerometers, temperature, humidity and pressure
- Semi-anechoic chamber to test mobile devices
- M2M SIM cards
- 5G SIM cards
- Programmable 5G modules
- WiFi6 routers
- Routers that connect to 5G to offer WiFi connectivity for users
- Access to the Orange Live Objects platform to collect data from IoT devices
- Platforms developed in Horizon 2020 research projects like 5G-EVE, 5G-VICTORI, 5GASP and VITAL-5G.